The Porn Industry
- Every second in the U.S., $3,075.64 is spent on pornography, 28,258 Internet users are viewing pornography, and 372 Internet users type adult search terms into search engine
- Worldwide sex industry sales for 2006 are reported to be $97 billion, more revenue than Microsoft, Google, Amazon, eBay, Yahoo!, Apple, Netflix, and EarthLink combined.
- 42.7% of Internet users view porn
- At $13 billion, the 2006 revenues of the sex and porn industry in the U.S. were bigger than the revenues of the NFL, NBA, and Major League Baseball combined
- Adult movies are purchased by 50% of big hotel chain guests, accounting for nearly 70% of their in-room profits
- Pornographers currently release over 13,000 adult movies per year – more than twenty five times the mainstream movie production
- Every 39 minutes a new pornographic video is being created in the U.S.
- Approximately 20% of all Internet pornography involves children
- The average monthly unique visitors to adult websites went from approximately 18.75 million in 2001 to 75 million in 2005
- As of 2006, 12% of total websites were pornographic (about 4.2 million sites), with 420 million pages
- As of 2006, 25% of total daily search engine requests were pornographic searches (about 68 million requests)
- 10% of adults admit to Internet sexual addiction